3.11.2008

Thai Karaoke Party Leaves More Than Eardrums Dead

Some crazy dude in Thailand killed his brother-in-law and seven others after tiring of their karaoke renditions of John Denver's 'Take Me Home, Country Roads.'

Fifty-two year old Weenus Chumkamnerd became enraged from hearing the victims sing awfully during karaoke, leading him to put a gun to the back of the head of the party's host and pull the trigger.

He then proceeded to turn the gun on seven other guests and fire away. One of the victims accidentally ended up being his brother-in-law, Boontip Desaro. After realizing he had killed his brother-in-law, he started to slightly regret his actions. Chumkamnerd had his son take Boontip to the hospital, only to be proclaimed dead on arrival.

"When I began shooting nobody pleaded for his life because they were all drunk," Chumkamnerd calmly said after being tracked down by police.

One party-goer was able to survive the rampage by pretending to be dead.

"I warned these people about their noisy karaoke parties. I said if they carried on I would go down and shoot them. I had told them if I couldn’t talk sense into them I would come back and finish them off," Chumkamnerd added, fairly reasonably.

'Take Me Home, Country Roads' is an extremely popular song in south east Asia for some reason, and a favorite of this group of friends. They were known to sing it over and over again.

"I'm just glad I died before I had to read about one of my songs leading to such tragedy," John Denver said in a statement.

No comments: